1. What is a boring fact about yourself?
2. If you had to survive as a fruit, what would it be?
3. Dark question, but what song would you like to be played at your funeral?
4. Which book did you read in college or high school that was actually interesting enough that you still think or talk about it sometimes?
5. If you had one opportunity to permanently change someone's life (better or worse) who would it be and how would you change it?
6. Without using the title of your job, tell me what you do.
7. What’s something you would not tell someone about yourself on a first date?
8. If you could rename yourself, what new name would you choose, and why?
9. What’s the most expensive habit you’ve started as an adult that you now wish you could break?
10. If you could sing like any famous singer in the world (living or dead), who would it be?
11. Describe something that’s made you smile today.
12. What was your first concert? How did you get there?
13. What is something you didn’t like but you are glad happened?
14. What’s something new you’ve learned about yourself in the last three months? Have you been pleasantly surprised by anything recently?
15. Have you had any unanticipated quarantine-specific cravings for comfort foods (and if so, what)? Have you rediscovered any old passions?
16. What’s one word you would use to describe yourself as a teenager?
17. If you had to describe how you're feeling right now as a weather pattern, what's your forecast?
18. What’s the worst prediction you ever made?
19. If you had unlimited resources, what frivolous thing would you collect? Not books. It has to be frivolous.
20. If you did not have to sleep, how would you spend the extra 8 hours?
21. If you weren't doing your current job, what would your dream job be?
22. What thing from nature are you? (Excluding animals.)
23. What would you do if I gave you a billion dollars?
24. If you could do something that you don’t do because it’s bad for you, but you could do it without any repercussions — what would you do?
25. Have you ever quit doing something that you used to be really passionate about? Do you regret it? Or are you happy you quit? Either way: Do you think you’ll ever take it up again?
26. Imagine you could devote a year to researching someone’s biography. Who would your subject be?
27. If you had to take a bath in a food, which food would it be?
28. What question do you wish people would ask you?
29. Of the places you have lived or spent significant time, which one had the most pleasing view out the front door/main window/etc for you and why?
30. Who is your pick for the most underrated character in a movie or TV show?
31. Tell me about a time when you changed your mind.
32. If you're going to win the lottery, would you rather win $10 million, or $100 million?
33. If you could live in the setting of any book or movie, without necessarily being involved in the story, which would you choose?
34. If you could be one other person, who would that person be and why?
35. What is your earliest memory?
36. Tell me something about yourself that I could never tell from looking at you.
37. If you could own one building, any building, what would it be?
38. What is your secret skill?
39. If you could say one sentence to your pet and know they would understand it, what would you say?
40. Tell me about something you love doing that you’re terrible at. And tell me about something you really do not like doing that you’re great at.
41. Would you rather be able to speak every language in the world fluently, or be able to play every musical instrument as well as a virtuoso?
42. What is a supposedly fun thing that you did — that you’ll never do again?